Are you interested in becoming a Family Child Care Home Visitor?
- Possess a Department of Early Education and Care Lead Teacher Certification
- Early Childhood Education degree
- Knowledge of the family child care prototype
- Familiarity with a home visiting model
- Supervisory skills
Home Visitor Characteristics:
- Enthusiastic in helping providers set and achieve educational/professional development goals
- Possesses the ability to set professional boundaries yet has empathy
- Has a teamwork philosophy
- Communicates clearly and effectively with both written and spoken communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Visiting licensed family child care providers in their care settings on a monthly basis to provide technical support, validate enrollment, model positive care giving, enhance curriculum development and offer support around program/child assessments.
- Support and participate in the development of training topics for providers’ licensing requirements. Deliver monthly provider trainings that are diverse in early childhood educational topics.
- Job Candidates must have reliable transportation and be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include some evenings or weekend visits.
- Bi-lingual communication skills are not always necessary but are an asset to the position.